Comics I Read
It occurred to me (via my wife asking) that it might be of interest to others what comics I read regularly. Of course, it might be of absolutely no interest to you at all. So…alright then.
Anyway, these are the comics I read on a regular basis, divided somewhat categorically. I will post a warning right now: Some of these are definitely of an adult nature, either due to language, imagery, or other questionable content (including, oddly enough, Questionable Content). Please keep in mind that not all comics are for children. Thank you.
Note: I’ll be adding links for all of these gradually. Not tonight, though, dear. I have a headache.
The Classics: Not necessarily because they’re old, but because they’re usually what get printed in them funny papers, or they’re just styled like ‘em.
- Bizarro – Single panel heir apparent to the Far Side’s throne
- Calvin and Hobbes – The story of a schizophrenic man and the imaginary people he befriends…no, wait. That’s A Beautiful Mind…
- Count Your Sheep – A little girl, her mom, and their collective imaginary friend, a sheep. A more sober and bittersweet successor to Calvin & Hobbes
- Dilbert – A balm for cubicle-dwellers everywhere. Or a “bomb” for supervisors, thereof.
- F Minus – Ever wonder what happened to that idiot in your high school English class who put a pause in at the end of every line, rather than waiting for the periods? While you’re wondering that, check out this comic.
- The Far Side – Who knew that the primary purpose of cows were to make us laugh? Take that, Dairy Farmers! (Link goes to a Flickr group of “Far Side Reenactments”, since the comic is not available online)
- Get Fuzzy
- Little Dee
- Non Sequitur
- The Norm
- Over the Hedge
- Pearls Before Swine
- Rudy Park
The 1st Amendments: Political Cartoons
- Ted Rall
- Tom Toles
- Tom the Dancing Bug
The Soaps: Long-running storyline webcomics (which you probably won’t get, unless you go back and read the archives)
- F Chords
- Head Trip
- PvP Online
- Questionable Content
- Sequential Art
- Sluggy Freelance
- Something Positive
- Wapsi Square
Weirdos: The ones that are just really off-the-wall
- 30 Second Bunnies
- The Book of Biff
- Cock & Bull
- Dinosaur Comics
- garfield minus garfield
- Homestar Runner
- Medium Large
- Rob and Elliot
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- Savage Chickens